Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cruisin' the Nile

I lied. I said I'd write on here the next day, but I didn't. I'm here now though. The last day was pretty busy. We were in such a hurry to get packed, and we all also wanted to go out on the town one last time before leaving, so that is my excuse. The Nile trip was a lot of fun. I personally think that it was better than the safari. We saw all sorts of things: hippos, water buffalo, kingfishers, crocodiles, warthogs, elephants, waterbuck... The list could go on.


Weird fact about the Nile: In the mornings, there is foam EVERYWHERE. It comes from Murchinson's Falls, and just floats on down the river (And flies up and gets all over your shirt. Poor Amber!). As the day goes on, the sun makes most of it evaporate.




The very first thing that we saw were hippos. It's crazy how big those things are!!! JJ calls them giant water pigs :)


There were a bunch of kingfishers flying around everywhere. They were pretty, and fun to watch. We actually went by the Kingfisher mating/nesting grounds, which were a ton of itty-bitty holes pecked into the side of a cliff. I thought it was pretty cool.



If you look really close, you can see the little holes. Here, let me help you out on that.



The base of Murchinson's Falls is where all of the crocodiles live. They eat all of the animals that fall down, well, the falls.


Well, thats mostly all for now. We saw a few more good animals, but I'm mostly out of good pictures.

No comments: