Saturday, June 28, 2008

African Safari

Hey Guys! We just returned from our Safari/Nile boat trip. We had a nice safari. We saw girraffe, elephants, waterbuck, baboons, warthogs, about a million different types of antelope, water buffalo, and hippos, and probably one or two things that I have forgotten to mention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had to leave for the lodge we were staying at at 4:30. Yes, in the morning. I slept for a while, but when I woke up there was this beautiful sunrise (Finally, Daddy!). Too bad I wasn't able to get a better picture!!!





Our first stop was Murchinson's Falls. All of that water is so incredibly powerful. It made me feel really small when I stood next to it. It was truly awe inspiring.





Of course I had to have my picture taken next to it!!!



To travel across the river,we had to ride on a ferry.



I didn't get a very good picture of it, but I did get good pictures of the animals that were waiting for us on the other side!






We ate lunch at the lodge. By the way, that place was AMAZING!!! Everything was really nice. I was also waited on hand and foot. I've thought about calling home and telling my mom what they did for me, an how maybe she could kinda do the same thing... But I doubt she would appreciate it.


The safari started at four, and it was led by a guy named Henry. I already told you about everything we saw, so I guess I don't need to do that again!



The safari was pretty nice, but it lasted for somewhere around 5 HOURS!!! We didn't get home until nine, and considering that it is fall here, it gets very dark, very early. I went to sleep as soon as it got dark! I kind of wanted to stay awake, but it was dark, so we couldn't see any animals, and I was also very tired. Oh well!!!



I'll write about the Nile trip tomorrow. It is very late.

I know this has nothing to do with the safari, but I just had to add this in!!! Gene was looking through Ben's pictures the other day and he came across this one and showed it to me. It is so sweet!!! This little girl ran up to me the moment our team started walking up the road, and she wouldn't let go of my hand! She was so cute. When other kids would come to me and try to hold my other hand she would pull me away from them as of to say "Get your own Mzungu!!!"


SO ADORABLE!!!!
O.K. I'm finally signing off now.

No comments: